Apart from the Govt. of India & Govt. of Karnataka Scholarships,our
Samsthe also provides scholarships to all the meritorious and selected
poor and needy students. Further the colleges help the students in getting
scholarships from the Jindal Trust and other leading corporate and other
DRESS CODE :
We believe dress code is an integral part of disciplined life and hence
we ensure our students wear decent dress, and display their identity card.
Wearing apron is a must in certain laboratories.
FUTURE PLAN :
The "A" (3.22-CGPA) Re-Accreditation by National Assessment
and Accreditation Council (NAAC) is a shot in our arm. We realise with
Privatization of higher education, we have a greater, more effective role
to play and with that in view we intend to introduce new subjects relevant
to the fast-changing education scenario.
GENERAL RULES :
1. Admissions made by the College are provisional
2. Certified copies of Transfer Certificate , Marks Card, Caste Certificate
and Income certificate in the prescribed proforma should accompany the
application.The originals must be submitted without fail at the time of
3. Students from outside Karnataka State should enclose migration certificate.
4. Fees once paid will not be refunded.
5. Students are required to fill in the forms with extreme care. For any
discrepancy therein, they shall not hold the College or the Management
6. Students are required to come along with their parents/guardians at
the time of admission.
7. Subjects once offered will not be changed under any circumstances.
8. The College office working time is 10 a.m to 5 p.m. on all working
days with lunch break between 1.30 p.m. and 2.30 p.m.
9. Employees are not admitted without the permission of their employers.
10. The students are required to put in 75% attendance in each subject
to become eligible to appear for the qualifying examination.
11. Internal assessment is compulsory which carries twenty marks for each
theory paper and ten marks for each practicals.
12. In case of languages, there should be a minimum strength of five students
if the language is one of the optional subjects.
13. It is the responsibility of the students to fill in the application
/Scholarship/ exam forms etc., correctly. They alone are responsible for
any errors therein.
14. Orientation programmes are compulsory, failure to attend the programmes
will lead to penal fee or even cancellation of admission
15.The Extra Curricular Activities (ECA) : participation in ECA like NCC/NSS/
Sports/Seminar/Community Services/Music, Drama etc., is compulsory which
carries 50 marks in First, Second and Third Semesters.
16. Mobile is banned
17. Identity card is compulsory
Let's Make our Campus Plastic Free Zone
ADMISSION GUIDELINES :
Applicant should have passed PUC-II year or any other examination from
any University or Board recognized by the University as its equivalent.
COURSE OF STUDY FOR FIRST & SECOND SEMESTER DEGREE :
PART – I LANGUAGES :
Common for Arts & Science : Select any two languages allowed by the
University, out of which at least one shall be Indian Language subject
to the provision that a candidate for the B.A/B.Sc. degree shall offer
at least one of the Languages he/she studied for the PUC Examination.
Following Languages are offered :
English, Kannada, Hindi, Urdu, Sanskrit & Additional English.
PART – II OPTIONALS :
The following combinations are allowed for B.A. First & Second Semester
1. Political Science, Economics & Sociology
2. Political Science, Economics & History
3. Political Science, Kannada & Sociology
4. Economics, Kannada & History
5. Kannada, History & Education
6. Kannada, Sociology & Education
7. History, Political Science & Education
8. Economics, Education & History
9. Economics, Education & Sociology
9. English, History & Political Science
10. Economics, Kannada & Sociology
11. Sociology, Political Science & Education
12. Music, Sociology & Education
13. Music, Economics & Political Science
14. Music, Sociology & Political Science
15. Music, History & Political Science
The following combinations are allowed for B.Sc. First & Second Semester
1. Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics
2. Chemistry, Botany & Zoology
3. Physics, Mathematics & Electronics
4. Physics, Mathematics & Computer Science
5. Chemistry, Zoology & Microbiology
6. Chemistry, Botany & Microbiology
7. Electronics, Mathematics & Computer Science
8. Biotechnology, Chemistry & Zoology
9. Biotechnology, Chemistry & Botany
Any Combination should have a minimum of 10 students. However allotment
of combinations shall be the PREROGATIVE of the College/Management .
COURSE OF STUDY FOR THIRD & FOURTH SEMESTER DEGREE :
The students have to continue with the same subjects of Part-I & Part-II
offered by them in first & second semester.
COURSE OF STUDY FOR FIFTH & SIXTH SEMESTER DEGREE :
The students have to continue with the same optional subjects of Part-II
taken by them in second and third semester (There will be no language
papers at fifth and sixth semester.)
ELIGIBILITY FOR CARRY OVER BENEFIT :
1) A candidate of first semester is allowed to keep terms in second semester
irrespective of the number of theory papers and practicals he/she has
2) A candidate of second semester is allowed to keep terms in third semester
provided he / she passes two papers each in first and second semester.
3) A candidate of third semester is allowed to keep terms in fourth semester
irrespective of the number of theory papers and practicals he/she has
4) A candidate of fourth semester is allowed to keep terms in the fifth
semester irrespective of the number of theory papers and practicals he/she
5) A candidate of fifth semester is allowed to appear for the examination
of fifth semester only when he / she clears all the papers of first semester.
5) A candidate of sixth semester is allowed to appear for examination
of sixth semester only when he / she clears all the papers of first and
BACHELOR OF COMPUTER APPLICATIONS (B.C.A.) COURSE :
This is a SIX SEMESTER course spread over THREE YEARS.
POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN COMPUTER APPLICATIONS (P.G. D.C.A) :
This is a TWO SEMESTERS course of ONE YEAR.
M.Sc. PHYSICS :
College has started M.Sc. Physics from the year 2007-2008,x which is a
FOUR SEMESTERS course of TWO YEARS.
UGC SPONSORED CAREER ORIENTED PROGRAMMES
The following Parallel Courses are available :
1. Medical Lab Technology
2. Mushroom and Vermi culture
3. Chemical analysis of minerals, water and effluents
A Student can choose any one of the three courses as add on course and
obtain a Certificate from the Gulbarga University at the end of the year.
DETAILS OF FEES :
The fee structure for the Degree and P.G. courses is subject to revision
from time to time. Please contact the office for first-hand information.
The following Scholarships of Govt. of India and Karnataka are awarded
to eligible students :
1. National Loan Scholarship.
2. Government of India Scholarship for Backward, SC & ST students.
3. Special Scholarships to the children of Govt. Servants who die while
4. Scholarships and other Educational facilities to the children of the
5. Merit Scholarship for the children of Primary and Secondary School
6. Scholarships to the children/dependents of Service personal.
7. Urdu Academy Scholarships.
8. Post Metric Scholarships.
9. Scholarships for the Physically handicapped students.
10. Scholarships arranged by the Management / College authorities.
11. Sanchi Honnama Scholarship for Merit Students.
12. C.V. Raman Scholarship for Merit Students.
Applications for the above mentioned Government scholarships should be
made only in the prescribed printed forms which are available in the office.
PROCEDURE FOR CLAIMING FEE CONCESSION :
Students belonging to all categories have to pay full fees while taking
admission. Their fee will be refunded only after receiving the said amount
from the concerned authorities.
Fee concessions can be claimed by the SC/ST/Backward community and special
group students in accordance with the Government rules in force. Students
claiming fee concessions should produce original income certificate duly
verified, along with six copies and identity card. For any lapse the student
concerned alone shall be responsible.
RULES FOR THE ISSUE OF CERTIFICATES :
Application for any certificate shall be made in writing to the Principal
giving information about Roll No. Class , year of study and present address.
Certificates / duplicates can be had on payment of prescribed fees.
TRANSFER CERTIFICATE :
The transfer Certificate will be issued only to the Principal of the College
where the candidate wishes to join , as per the rules of the Gulbarga
University after paying prescribed fees.
TIMINGS FOR CASH TRANSACTIONS :
On all working days : 10 a.m. to 3.00 p.m.
On Saturdays : 10 a.m. to 12.00 p.m.
VACATION : As per the Gulbarga University guidelines.